This is obviously not a cupcake, but still sticking upon the topic of Nutella from the last post – peanut butter cookies swirled with Nutella.
I created this today because I love peanut butter and Nutella together.
Although care should be taken when eating plain PB and Nutella at the same time so as not to permanently “glue” your mouth closed.
Peanut Butter & Nutella Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter I used crunchy, but you can use smooth
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Approx. 1/4 cup Nutella optional
- Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Blend together very well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt with mixer. If using Nutella, just drizzle it on top of the dough (use more or less to suit your taste) then swirl it through the dough with a butter knife. Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Roll into balls by hand.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Using a fork, press down the balls and create a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until edges are very lightly browned (about 7 to 10 minutes). Don’t overbake.