Oh no, not another chocolate and peanut butter post!
Yes, yes, it is.
I’m sorry to my readers who are so sick of hearing me continue on about peanut butter and chocolate!
I just can’t get enough of this flavor combination though and when I searched for a recipe for peanut butter blondies I came across one that had chocolate chips in it and within minutes I was sitting out all the ingredients to put these blondies together.
Oh, how delicious these were!
And I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they tasted nice with coffee.
If you want to make these too, please do so immediately!
They are so quick to make and you’ll be rewarded with the delicious taste of gooey peanut butter and gooey chocolate in no time.
My only change to the original recipe was to divide everything in half and place the batter into an 8×8″ square pan.
I recommend eating these by the second day after you make them because they seemed to dry out and harden after the second day, even though I had them covered tightly.
It shouldn’t be a problem to eat them quickly, however!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips I probably used closer to 1/2 cup!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8″ square pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg to the butter & sugar mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir to create a thick, smooth batter. Fold in half the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, spreading the batter evenly to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and lightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan. Cut into squares and serve.